You can serve eggplant in a number of ways. I eat eggplant baked, raw or steamed lightly. Enjoy the recipe below to try eggplant with some healthy spices.
Here is an Indian recipe that makes an excellent eggplant dish. The recipe is from Mayri Cruz and was published in the August 2014 Three Angels Broadcasting Network’s World Magazine .
1/2 Clove Garlic, Crushed
1 Onion, Chopped
1 Tomato, Chopped
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne or Chili Powder
1 Bunch Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
1 teaspoon Turmeric
Salt to Taste
1. Preheat Oven to 500 F
2. Wrap eggplant in aluminum foil & bake for 30 minutes ( until soft )
3. While eggplant is baking, crush garlic & chop onion, tomato, & cilantro.
4. Fry onions until brown, then add garlic. Lower heat & c0ver.
5. Take eggplant out of the oven, unwrap & cut into pieces. Add eggplant to onions & garlic.
6. Mix in tomato, cilantro, & remaining ingredients; then cover & cook mixture over low heat for about 5-10 minutes. Serve with basmati rice & enjoy!