Weight Loss Basics
Welcome to my Weight Loss Basics post where I list things that helped me lose over 75 pounds in the year 2000. These actions are simple and affordable steps that are easy and available to everyone to lose weight NOW!
1. Wake up 45 minutes earlier than you normally do. You can always cut out a television program at night or tape it for the next day if you are addicted. You can get to bed 45 minutes to an hour earlier the same day with this simple adjustment.
3. Put on your hiking boots or athletic shoes and head out the door for a brisk walk. If you live where there is inclement weather, you can adjust your schedule to be at the local mall when it opens and walk there.
5. If you can afford an inversion table, hang upside down for 10 to 12 minutes and read some positive motivational material while inverted.
6. Do sit-ups, push-ups, and an exercise ball routine for another 30 minutes. Finish with some great yoga stretches for your hamstrings. I enjoy the pretzel, child’s pose, cat’s stretch, and down dog as my yoga exercises.
7. Eat a healthy breakfast. I like a warm bowl of oatmeal with blueberries and a half of a grapefruit along with a banana for breakfast on weekdays. On weekends, I make the healthy waffles (recipe under my healthy living section on my blog).
8. Drink one half your body weight in ounces of pure water each day. Avoid soda and caffeine.
9. Eat a healthy dinner with a variety of organic fruits and vegetables, nuts, whole grains and legumes. Steam your vegetables to get as many of the nutrients as possible. Avoid animal products because they have fat in them. Avoid snacks and junk food. Eat a light supper as early as possible to help your digestive system process your dinner 3 hours before bed.
Click here to find out more about Caldera Greens:
Organic Greens for Health and Weight Loss
Call me if you have any questions. I lost 75 pounds in 2000 and have been right around my target weight since then. Hope my post about Weight Loss Basics has motivated you.