Weight Loss Tips
Welcome to my Weight Loss Tips post. Read on to learn how I used simple activities and ideas to lose over 70 pounds in 2000. I have not struggled with my weight since I began putting these activities into my life.
1. Weight Loss is easy when you make behavior changes. Wake up 45 minutes earlier than you normally do. You can always cut out a television program at night or tape it for the next day if you are addicted. You can get to bed 45 minutes to an hour earlier the same day with this simple adjustment.
3. If you pray, spend 15 minutes with prayer & positive messages to get your day off to a great start.
4. Put on your hiking boots or athletic shoes and head out the door for a brisk walk.
If you live where there is inclement weather, you can adjust your schedule to be at the local mall when it opens and walk there.
We were designed by God to be active. Weight gain happened as people began working sedentary jobs that required little physical activity.
Start moving more by parking far away from the entrance of stores.
Take the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator. This is one of many simple weight loss tips.
Find a pedometer that measures how many steps you take in a day and set goals to get to 10,000 or more steps.
6. If you can afford an inversion table, hang upside down for 10 minutes and read some positive motivational material while inverted. Inversion helps line up your spine. Your spine has all of the nerve endings & having full nerve conductivity is important for your health.
7. Do sit-ups, push-ups, and an exercise ball routine for another 30 minutes. Finish with some great pilates stretches for your hamstrings. I enjoy doing pilates scissors, pilates overhead, the pretzel, child’s pose, cat’s stretch, and down dog as my yoga exercises.
8. Eat a healthy breakfast. I like a warm bowl of oatmeal with blueberries and a half of a grapefruit along with a banana for breakfast on weekdays. On weekends, I make the healthy waffles (recipe under my healthy living section on my blog).
9. Drink one half your body weight in ounces of pure water each day. Avoid soda and caffeine.
10. Eat a healthy lunch with a variety of organic fruits and vegetables, nuts, whole grains and legumes. Steam your vegetables to get as many of the nutrients as possible. Avoid animal products because they have fat in them. Avoid snacks and junk food. Eat a light supper as early as possible to help your digestive system process your dinner 3 hours before bed.
11. Weight loss happens as you give your body all the necessary nutrients it needs for good health. This will satisfy your body and you will never feel hungry. Gradual weight loss is the permanent solution. A plant based diet is lower in calories and fat. The exercise will help your body burn off the extra weight.
12. This is the end of my free suggestions for you. The above behavior changes worked for me to shed 70 pounds. I am always happy to help where I can as my passion is medical missionary work which includes introducing people to lifestyle changes that work. I hope you have enjoyed reading my Weight Loss Tips post.
Optional Recommendation: Supplement with Caldera Greens which provides many nutrients and helps keep your appetite down. It is sometimes difficult to find good organic greens. I have been affiliated with a company since 2007 and we offer a powerful product that has many of the essential nutrients the body needs for good health. Find out more about the Greens at my site below: